Postoperative care is the care you receive after a surgical procedure. The type of postoperative care you need depends on the type of surgery you have, as well as your health history. It often includes pain management and wound care.
Postoperative care begins immediately after surgery. It lasts for the duration of your hospital stay and may continue at home after discharged from hospital.
Our nurse staff will help you for:
- Monitor vital signs.
- Pain control & provide adequate pain control.
- Wound care.
- Rate and type of intravenous fluid.
- Urine and gastrointestinal fluid output.
- Give medications to patient.
- Encourage early mobilization:
o Deep breathing and coughing.
o Active daily exercise, Joint range of motion, muscular strengthening, make walking aids such as:
canes, crutches and walkers available and provide instructions for their use.
- Ensure adequate nutrition.
- Prevent skin breakdown and pressure sores by turn the patient frequently.